Back to School 21-22
Marshall Schools is excited to welcome back students next week!
Back to school plans have been updated in response to Governor Pritzker’s August 4 Executive Order for Illinois Schools that requires the wearing of face coverings / masks indoors by all at schools until further notice.
Current plans are as follows:
1. Daily In-Person School for all
2. Face Coverings / Masks will be required indoors and on school transportation. This includes indoor athletic events.
3. Remote Learning only if Quarantined. Contact Tracing and Quarantine decisions will be made by the Clark County Health Department. Contact Tracing and the need for Quarantine should be significantly decreased this year. Students and staff that maintain 3ft (rather than 6ft) social distance and who are masked will not have to quarantine in most cases.
4. Classrooms will maintain a 3 foot minimum distance between students.
5. All meals are free again this year. Salad Bar will be available as a meal daily at the junior high and high school. Students do pay for snack milk ($.31) at the elementary schools, and ala carte items at the high school. Meals at Elementary Schools will continue to be served in classrooms to maintain 3 to 6 ft distancing. Parents /Guardians may sign their student(s) out for lunch.
6. All outdoor activities (recess, P.E., athletic events) will revert to pre-COVID 19 protocols and not require Face Coverings / Masks. Locker rooms will be used at MJHS & MHS so students will dress for PE.
7. Sports and extracurricular activities will have no spectator capacity limits. For indoor events, Face Coverings / Masks will be required.
8. Cleaning in all buildings will continue to be emphasized with above normal sanitation efforts.
9. Hand washing will again be emphasized.
10. There will be no self -certification required before school. Parent / Guardians should be cautious in sending students to school with CoVid and / or Flu like symptoms. If in question, err on the side of caution. If you have questions contact our offices to talk to the nurse or principal.
11. Optional rapid CoVid Testing will still be available for students and staff with symptoms.
12. Bus service will be increased with A.M and P.M. shuttles running this year from North to South and South to North. Students riding an A.M. shuttle should be at South or North ready to board at 7:45 a.m. South to North AM Shuttle is bus #15 (Unicorn) and PM is #3 (Rhino). North to South AM & PM Shuttle are bus #8 (Elephant). Face Coverings / Masks are required on School Transportation.
13. To begin the year, doors to Buildings will open at 7:45 a.m. with Students reporting to their classrooms. Once routines are established with our elementary students, we will shift to the Pre-Covid practice of having them report to the playground and move drop-off time up if possible.
14. Specials (Art / Music) will be moved back to their own classrooms / 6th Band will begin the year at North
15. Tutorial Period is back at MJHS & MHS.
16. Google Classroom or See-Saw will be used to post assignments daily.
17. Open Houses at Beginning of Year will be virtual.
18. PT Conferences and IEP will be in-person or remote by appointment.
As has been the case throughout the pandemic, plans are subject to change.
Your continued patience and cooperation is appreciated.