Marshall Schools Students & Parents,
I do have a few small updates for you on regarding the 2020-21 School Year and more updates regarding Summer 2020.
2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
As I shared last time, there are many questions regarding the 2020-21 School Year. Since then, we have learned that the Illinois State Board of Education plans on releasing Guidance for the 2020-21 School Year sometime over the next 2 weeks. As soon as that Guidance is in hand, we will be able to determine what school can look like for our students and community. Please know that we will do our best first, to keep students safe, but also to put the best plan in place that we can for our students and community to make school as close to normal as possible. We continue to hope for the best and hope for more local control in making those decisions.
As shared last time, Registration for the 2020-21 School Year will be available in late July like last summer. In person Registration day is scheduled for Wednesday, August 5.
The first day of school for students for the 2020-21 School Year is planned for Tuesday, August 18. The full school calendar will be released soon.
Summer Workouts for High School & Junior High Athletes
As there are with School for 2020-21, there are also many lingering questions with regards to sports and extracurriculars for the upcoming year, particularly for the Fall Seasons. We are going to continue to prepare for those to happen, hope for the best, and adjust as we have to. Guidelines for these come from the IHSA and IESA. We will share with you anything we get from them as soon as possible. These guidelines would also have an effect on Marching Band, Cheer, and Dance.
Here is what we know now…
The IHSA has released Stage 1 Guidance for HS summer workouts. Please follow this link for that information.
Workouts for JH Athletes are still on hold with a hope to begin those in some form after June 26 (1st Date that our Region could move to Phase 4 of the Illinois Restore Plan).
Our Athletic Facilities do remain closed with the exception of use for the IHSA allowed workouts outlined previously. We are hopeful that restrictions on this for both us and community use will be eased after the June 26 date as well.
Cheer & Dance
Our Cheer & Dance Sponsors will be sending out information soon to gage interest for the upcoming year, and to communicate about tryouts and forming their teams. We are hopeful that restrictions after June 26 will allow further preparation for these to get going in some form.
Current ISBE Guidance would allow with restrictions for Sectionals (typically Drum Line in July) and Individual Lessons. We are planning if all goes well to be able to get those going in July.
We are also planning on scheduling Band Camp as we always have for August.
Again with all of this from School to Sports to Music to Dance to Cheer, we will do our best to keep you informed and do our best to provide the best opportunities we can in the current circumstance.
More updates and information will be shared as we learn more.
Continued best wishes and stay safe.